DEFEND Technical Control
Warranty program DEFEND Technical Control STK – Technical inspection without worry!
MOT test can often be a bugbear for used car buyers. A short test drive will not give you a real feel for the vehicle and therefore it is usually very difficult to ascertain current condition of the vehicle so there is a risk of subsequent repairs and, above all, complications with MOT test.
Despite all the inconveniences you can be secure with DEFEND Technical Control insurance programme.
DEFEND Technical Control covers the cost of repairs of the covered parts being cited on a notification of refusal to issue an MOT certificate.
- Duration of the insurance contract - 2 years
- Claims benefit limit 50 000 CZK.
- One insured event, which may include failure of multiple covered items.
- Unlimited mileage over the duration of the insurance contract.
- Without participation.
The insurance is applicable for vehicles that meet all the following criteria:
- passenger vehicles up to 3.500 kg
- aged max 10 years and with mileage up to 200.000 km at the moment of concluding the insurance contract
- with a valid technical control with a due-date no earlier than 4 months after the date of entering into the insurance
When the insurance can be concluded?
- Insurance can be concluded no later than 4 month prior a Regular Technical Inspection due-date.
- The insurance period starts no earlier than 3 months after the date the insurance contract was entered into.
How can it be concluded?
- Insurance can be concluded through an extensive network of our contractual partners (new and used car dealers, insurance brokers etc.), usually when purchasing your car.
- Insurance can be also concluded by phone and then by e-mail.
What information and documents do we need to conclude the insurance?
- A copy of vehicle registration certificate and certificate of roadworthiness.
Report the claim
Insured (or repair service on behalf of the insured) must report immediately the claims by telephone +420 233 103 111 or email email@example.com.
The administrator will require: the insurance contract number, the odometer reading at the time of the technical inspection and the list of faults specified on the Protocol of regular technical inspection.
Transport the vehicle to an authorized repair service
If the vehicle is mobile, you must transport the vehicle to an Authorised Repair Service for inspection as soon as possible but no later than within 7 days of reporting the claim.
If the Insured Vehicle is not able to be driven from the STK due to a dangerous defect, you must arrange to transport the vehicle to the nearest Authorized Repair Service. If the reason the vehicle may not be driven relates to a defective Covered Component, the insurer will provide reimbursement for towing expenses up to a limit of Kč 2.000,- which is included as a part of the Maximum Claim Limit.
The Administrator has the right to inspect the Insured Vehicle prior to approving your claim. All costs for any work commenced or completed that is authorised by you prior to the Administrator’s approval shall be borne by you and automatically become grounds for rejecting the claim. The Administrator has the right to inspect the Insured Vehicle prior to approving your claim. All costs for any work commenced or completed that is authorised by you prior to the Administrator’s approval shall be borne by you and automatically become grounds for rejecting the claim.
For the investigation of your claim we will need the folloring documentation: The "Protocol of regular technical inspection" and the Declaration of Registration (Technical Licence), clearly showing the entries and dates in the "Record of Technical Inspections and Validity of Technical Eligibility" section.
Important: The following information and list of components may differ from the insurance contract concluded specifically for your vehicle. In the event of any inconsistencies, only the terms of your insurance contract shall prevail.