Complaints and Enquiries
1. Any complaints or requests for information concerning this Insurance may be addressed to the Administrator
or in writing, by email or by post to their offices in Prague:
DEFEND INSURANCE s.r.o.
Roztylská 1860/1, 148 00 Praha 4 - Chodov
Tel.: +420 233 103 111
2. DEFEND INSURANCE s.r.o. will acknowledge your complaint in writing within five business days and will aim to provide you with its decision on your complaint, in writing, within eight weeks of the complaint being made.
3. DEFEND INSURANCE s.r.o. is regulated by the Czech National Bank and entered into its registry as an independent insurance intermediary.
4. Should you remain dissatisfied with the decision on your complaint or if you have not received a final response within eight weeks of the complaint being made, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Czech National Bank.
The contact details are as follows:
Czech National Bank
Na Příkopě 28
115 03 Prague 1
Tel: +420 22 441 4359/2887
Fax: +420 22 441 2261
5. In the event of a consumer dispute arising from a purchase agreement or a service contract between us and the consumer that fails to be settled by mutual agreement, the consumer may refer to an out-of-court settlement of such dispute to a designated out-of-court consumer dispute resolution body
the Czech trade inspection office
Central Inspectorate - ADR Department
120 00 Prague 2
6. If you have purchased your contract online, you may also make a complaint via the EU’s online dispute resolution on www.ec.europa.eu/odr
1. Any complaints or requests for information concerning Insurance (except the conduct of the sale of the Policy) may be addressed to the Administrator by:
• calling 0161 451 4804; or
• emailing email@example.com
2. DEFEND INSURANCE s.r.o. will acknowledge your complaint in writing within five business days and will
aim to resolve Your complaint within fifteen (15) working days from first notification of Your complaint.
If the complaint cannot be resolved within this period, we will notify You in writing to confirm the reasons
why and will aim to resolve Your complaint within a further fifteen (15) working days from this point.
3. DEFEND INSURANCE s.r.o. is regulated by the Czech National Bank as an independent insurance intermediary; it provides cross-border services to the UK and Is entered in the registry of the UK Financial Conduct Authority under the Reference number: 679738
4. Should you remain dissatisfied with the decision on your complaint or Your complaint has not been resolved within the timescales detailed above, You have the right to refer Your complaint to either the Financial Services Arbiter in Malta or the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK, depending on the nature of Your complaint and whether it should be directed to the Insurer of your Policy or the Administrator. The Administrator will advise You accordingly.
For complaints directed to Insurer, please contact the Financial Services Arbiter in Malta:
Office of the Arbiter for Financial Services,
1st Floor, St Calcedonius Square,
Floriana FRN 1530, Malta,
Telephone: +356 8007 2366 or +356 21 249 245
For complaints directed to Administration of the policy, please contact the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0300 123 9 123