Extended warranty DEFEND Car Protect DIAMOND ensures that in the event of a failure of a part, the repairs will not dig deep into the driver’s pocket, as this insurance covers the cost of repairs in the event of a sudden and unpredictable mechanical, electrical or electronic failure of the insured vehicle.
The DIAMOND variant is the best choice for the protection of new and used vehicles, but still under manufacturer warranty. It provides peace of mind and a sense of safety for drivers after the manufacturer's warranty expires. This warranty offers the widest range of protection comparable to the scope of the producer’s one, so that drivers can enjoy the ride without worrying about repair costs. It provides peace of mind for longer!
The warranty can be concluded for vehicles still under manufacturer warranty, which meet the following criteria at inception:
- maximum vehicle age of 3 years
maximum vehicle mileage 100 000 km
The insurance begins the day after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Offers the widest range of covered parts.
- Provides unlimited mileage over the duration of the insurance contract.
- Covers an unlimited number of claims up to the limit of insurance benefit.
- Financial security is provided by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company.
- Everything is supported by fast and quality handling of claims.
- Insured vehicles can be up to 3 500 kg.
You can also choose:
- Extension of manufacturer's warranty for up to 3 years or just increase the mileage limit up to unlimited.
- Insurance benefit limit up to the vehicle purchase price.
- Deductible from 0 to 400 €.
The warranty program DEFEND Car Protect DIAMOND covers all mechanical and electrical components of the vehicle that are not specifically excluded.
Examples of covered parts:
Steering (incl. Power assisted steering)
Four wheel drive
Fuel injection system
Air conditioning system
Engine cooling system
The costs for towing transport to the nearest qualified repair shop are reimbursed up to a maximum of 200 EUR, if the insured vehicle becomes immobile in connection with the failure of a covered component listed above.
Optional extended coverage
CNG/LPG Kit Components
Rental Car Reimbursement
When the insurance can be concluded?
The insurance can be concluded during the manufacturer's warranty.
- The warranty begins at the expiration of the manufacturer warranty.
- If the warranty is conluded without any connection to the purchase of the vehicle and on the date of concluding the insurance policy there are less than 60 days remaining in the original manufacturer’s warranty period, the insurer shall not be liable for any insured event arising as a result of a breakdown which occurs within 60 days following the date of concluding the insurance policy.
- How can insurance be negotiated?
- Insurance can be concluded through an extensive network of our contractual partners (new and used car dealers, insurance brokers etc.), usually when purchasing your car.
What information and documents do we need to conclude it?
- A copy of VTP and a sales contract or invoice.
Report of Damage Event:
When you (insured party or on behalf of the insured) become aware of any damage that could lead to a claim you must report the damage within 7 days of the incident on +420 233 103 111 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
In order to register a claim the claims adjuster will need to know the policy number or vehicle VIN code.
Inspection of the vehicle:
In order for us to assess your claim, you must allow us or our qualified repair shop to inspect your vehicle.
You must transport (or arrange the transport of) the vehicle to a qualified repair shop for inspection as soon as possible but no later than within 5 days of reporting the breakdown. Alternatively, you may be authorised to take your vehicle to any VAT registered repairer.
For the prompt assessment of your claim we will need the following documentation: fault diagnosis, repair budget, completed claim reporting form A, vehicle photographic documentation and a copy of the vehicle registration certificate (part II).
After the repair was finalised, send us completed form B.
No repair shall be made to the insured vehicle without our explicit approval. All costs for any work that is commenced or completed prior to our approval shall be borne by the insured and automatically become grounds for rejecting the claim.
Important: The previous information and list of components may differ from the insurance contract concluded specifically for your vehicle. In the event of any inconsistencies, only the terms of your insurance contract shall prevail.