We are a fast-growing international insurance agency with a friendly diverse environment (130 employees). We are looking for a business-oriented person with a strong IT background, who will be providing sound technological leadership in all aspects of our business, enabling DEFEND to scale operations successfully.
The role is expected to be strategic but at the same time focused on tactical execution with a strong impact across the whole organization. We are seeking someone who can align technology with our business goals and will lead technological innovations and development to increase efficiency, security, and compliance.
What will be your role?
- Leading and managing IT team, ensuring that all department goals, objectives, KPIs, and deadlines are met and within budget.
- Being responsible for the technology infrastructure and its alignment with our business goals, ensuring adequate IT systems, tools and processes are in place across the organization that will support our future growth.
- Developing and maintaining IT management frameworks and processes to guide the design, development, testing and release of solutions.
- Enforcing coding standards and quality assurance processes to maintain high-quality software deliverables.
- Managing end-to-end system development life cycle (iDEFEND as well as other systems used across the company) that includes requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining control procedures and policies as necessary to achieve compliance with SOX requirements and performing regular testing of the internal controls for compliance with SOX requirements.
- Ensuring security of our IT infrastructure and data protection.
- Providing IT support and assisting other departments in using technology effectively. Using stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments.
- Monitoring project progress, identifying and mitigating risks, and taking corrective actions to ensure successful project delivery within specified timelines and budget.
- Managing vendor relationships, including evaluation, selection, and oversight of third-party software, hardware and service providers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate systems and ensure seamless data flow and interoperability.
Preparing and presenting reports, project updates, and performance metrics to senior management and stakeholders.
Why should you work for us?
- We have a friendly environment here and we like to get together after work for good food and drink or even to play sports together.
- We place immense importance on education and personal growth, which is why we provide on-site access to an educational coach, a comprehensive professional development plan, and a wide array of educational courses.
- We take care of our employees; we provide them with benefits like:
- 5 weeks' holiday and 4 personal days
- Multisport card
- A meal and public transport allowance
- A healthy breakfast every Wednesday, or a FreshPoint fridge with an employee 20% discount on products
Company events and much more...
- Employment contract for an indefinite period
- Place of work: Prague 4 – Chodov
- Flexible working hours
You might be a perfect fit if you have:
- High school or university education
- Experience on similar position
- English language (both written and spoken) on C1 level or higher
- Excellent technical acumen and familiarity with new technologies, infrastructures, programming languages, and databases
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking
- Excellent project management skills
- Great communication, consultation and leadership skills
- Experience from insurance field is an advantage
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.